Thursday, October 13, 2011

CINDY WATCH: EARTHQUAKE 6.8 IN NUSA DUA


My Lady got to the keyboard first and told me to check this out quick. Cindy was near an earthquake. That got my blood pumping, which was good as I had an appointment with doctor at 7:45 AM, but back to Cindy. She is somewhere in these exotic spots with weird names. God Bless her.


She  wrote:  "While I was checking out just now, we had an earthquake. It was small but we all felt it. Probably about the same strength as the one I felt in NYC. I'm safe, though, and it seems to be over."   The next stop is the Junjungan Ubud Hotel and Spa.  I always wanted to go there, right?
 A few hours later she updated us on this earthquake business (I don't like that).  She was at her hotel and said, "Just felt another earthquake at the hotel in Ubud. I think maybe it was an aftershock from the one I felt this morning. It was a 6.8 in Nusa Dua, which is about 27K from where I was in Canggu and now 45K from where I am in Ubud. It stopped and I think it'll be okay. Sky is a little gray, overlooking the rice paddies."

To ease my mind she sent a picture of those gray skies over the rice paddies. Maybe I'll get it framed.

Again the bottom line is she is well, and I can't find Nusa Dua on any map. I think she should start planning to return  home.....SOON

No comments: