Sunday, October 2, 2011

ALMOST FAMOUS SINGER RESIDING IN THE COMMUNITY

I must confess I never heard of Him or his version of "The Group." 

He tells me that many years ago He was the lead singer in a group comprised of some good old boys from NYC. He showed me these pictures to support his claim.

Since He was the "lead" His name came first, followed by the group name which was taken from a street where they would often hang out - Belmont Ave.  Hence the name of the quartet was "Arthur and the Belmonts." At least that is the story I was told.



He was a little fuzzy as to what caused the group to have another guy take the lead, but stranger things have happened in music. Does anyone recognize the man who is now one of our neighbors?

Maybe someone will recall who the new "lead" singer was for the group.  I recall one of their early songs. Maybe you do too. Check it out below.

 



Dion - Donna the Prima Donna - youtube.com
3 min - New Masters (2003)

No comments: