Sunday, July 24, 2011

"HELP, I'M LOST" - CERT TEAM "RESPONDS" IN A PRACTICE DRILL




It was Saturday (July 23). It was also early in the morning - 8:30AM. That is real early on "Senior Time", but somehow "A little boy got himself lost" and our C.E.R.T. TEAM had to save him.

At Town Center the Team was advised of the situation, and then broke into teams to look for clues that would lead to a very happy ending. Maps of the community were distributed, and radios checked so to ensure an organized and effective search.

As the teams left Town Center each member took a bottle of water to stay fresh. It was only in the 90's. This Lady's husband said it was "102" in the front of the community. He has been complaining ever since he got home so I must say it was definitely hot, hot, hot.

Thank God No Golf Carts were involved, nor was there a heart attack scenario. I am told that this was just a "Find Him Situation."
At the end of this "Call to Duty (Drill)" the little boy was found. Further the "Old Guy" is also back home nursing his back.

My God I had to get up at 6:45 just to get "my hero" out of bed.
When He got home I got that nice Blue Team Shirt to: "Wash this out please." At least He said, "Please." I guess that makes me a volunteer too.

Good Drill everyone, and THANKS

No comments: