Thursday, November 19, 2009

DOLPHIN GAME



This was a miracle game on more than one front.

V.W.Resident took his grandson to this game for the second year in a row. Initially he was a little bored going to the game, but was one happy guy coming home.

The kid boasted that he made friends with everyone on the bus. While I watched him from a distance he threw a football with "the guy's," and talked his head off with everyone in the parking lot. After this "play time" it became "tailgate time."

For sure his Mom better not say I didn't feed him. We all ate pretty good, especially Mr. Zachary. He did say he wanted cheese fries, but settled on two boxes in the football pool. He's got to learn about gambling sometime, so I figured this was a good time to teach him. Well after the game the winner was announced. Don't you know it - He actually won.

All the way home he told me how he wanted to spend this money on some electronic game. He was afraid his cash would evaporate. Kids!

On the field I was impressed with the huge flag that was rolled out for our National Anthem. This certainly was impressive, and one of the things I really enjoyed. I also liked the fireworks that they did during the team introductions.Some of the flames went a good 50 feet in the air. It made me feel like a kid.

Near the end of the game someone asked my Grandson who he was rooting for. He explained how he was a Patriot fan, and was anti Dolphins; but he was really focused on points scored and those possible winnings. The man told him: "Go for the money." The kid's smile was "priceless."

We started to leave at the 2:00 minute warning. The Dolphins were ahead, and I certainly thought "Game Over." We were joined by thousands who missed two score changes. In the end the Dolphin's scored last to win the game. The clock ran out and the game was over. What a game and, as noted "my boy" also won the football pool.

I hope the kid remembers the day. I don't think I'll ever forget it. Truly a Great Day in paradise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He had a great time!! The money he won is gone too. Thanks for taking him.

Cheryl Selden said...

What great Poppy he has.!