Monday, December 15, 2008

TEN DAYS TO CHRISTMAS






As a kid V.W. Resident always looked forward to Christmas. As of today there are ten days to go. Last minute shoppers get their wheels turning, get out, and buy someone a present. For the sake of the economy that's a good idea, but pay with cash.

Sitting here looking at Verona Lake I remember those "old days" when I heard: "Do good on your report card and Santa will bring you a set of Lionel Trains." That was good. But that was then, and now it is just a memory - a good one at that.

Well kids, since I have seen more Christmas's than you, I Can say as an expert: "It is the thought that counts." Do not add to credit card debt because "you have to buy something for someone." A plate of cookies is fine. A glass of wine or a beer is also great. Heck with enough wine I can see that old Lionel Train steaming around the Christmas Tree. Today I hope you shop wisely; don't overspend, and see no traffic or full parking lots in your shopping endeavors.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas.

No comments: