Tuesday, July 22, 2014

TURNER RIVER


It's nice here  in the "walk" but every now and then an escape is necessary. The wife nagged this "Old Guy" to take a ride down to the Turner River Boardwalk for days before I finally relented, and said yes.

I grabbed my new camera and thought I would get some nice pictures of birds. I even brought a special lens. It has an automatic "bird finder." That's what I said anyway.

We got there around 10:30, because I never go anywhere early these days. I saw some nice landscape, and I was even chased, from the river bank, by an alligator who must have thought I wanted a close up. 

I did take quite a few pictures of gators, two turtles, and one butterfly,  but none of birds. There were none to be seen until I got back home. So much for that special lens! Still it was a very nice day, and we enjoyed a good lunch in Everglades City. 

Here are a few pictures  to take  look at. Maybe you will like them and get motivated to take a ride down to the Boardwalk and see  what you can do with your own camera.








No comments: